Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Today in the Life of Me!!!

I was supposed to have an appointment with my cardiologist today.  A stress test and echocardiogram so that he can see why my EKG is so abnormal.  I arrived 10 minutes early (I don't know why considering the wait is 2 hours no matter when I show up) and was told that my appointment is next Wednesday.  So seeing as how I had to refrain from caffeine all morning to be prepared for my test, the first thing I did when I left the cardiologist's office was head straight to Superburger!!!  Not that I wanted to have a tall Pepsi on ice, with it's beads of water slowly streaming down the sides of the cup, and the straw tickling my tongue ever so gently.....wait....sorry I blacked out there for a minute...anyway I went to superburger for the ice.  This may sound crazy to some of you but they really do have good ice there.  I usually order a soda, let it sit for awhile, then pour out the majority of the soda ( I don't have the heart to waste all of it, I don't want to hurt it's feelings) and chew on the ice.  And okay I will admit it...(covering my mouth in shame and whispering)...I got fries too...but geez you can't go to Superburger and not get fries!!!  So on that note, it is safe to say, today was a food bust.  For breakfast I was invited to my mother's house, and they don't eat no grapefruit and oatmeal there okay!!!  We had-are you ready-seriously are you ready-Bacon, Eggs, Potatoes (is that how you spell it??) and fresh flour tortillas which I lathered in butter and ate whole while waiting for the rest of my breakfast to be ready.  I did not have a soda though...fine I had a 7up...but 7up is what they give you in the hospital so it can't be all that bad!!!  For lunch I had the aformentioned (is that a word?) fries...for dinner...a tuna sandwich, doritos, and a coke.  (Soda gods be damned!!!)  I am encouraged by the fact that I return to work tomorrow after a couple of weeks of vacation.  I do believe that my idle days have lead to the bad food choices that I have made, and that it is much easier to stick to a diet when there isn't so much time on mine hands.  I have enjoyed my time off, even though I am waaayyyy more exhausted than I have ever been at work.  I was able to sleep on Colorado Blvd for New Years Eve and throw marshmallows (yum) and silly string at the cars passing by.  I was able to watch the rose parade in person on New Years Day with the people I love most in this world.  I spent my 14th wedding anniversary screaming my head off, and though that may sound like a typical day in my life I was actually screaming on the roller coasters this time, so that's good news.  I got to take my babygirl to several of her dance classes (Yes she has SEVERAL dance classes) and I enjoyed seeing the things I have missed as a working mom.  Being with Sundari (my daughter) all of these days in a row has taught me some very important things...#1  That girl gets on my nerves!!!  #2 I wouldn't have it any other way!!!  When I had her I almost died...and it would have been worth it to me...but I'm glad I didn't because every moment I have with her is such a precious, precious gift.  On this, the eve of my final day of vacation, I reflect fondly on all the little things I experienced, and I reflect disgustingly on all of the food I ate...but seriously...who the hell starts a diet during the holidays anyway!!!  To my friends at Tule River Indian Health Center (my job)...hasta manana!!!  No really...I go back tomorrow!!! And to the zero people following this blog across the globe...meet me tomorrow...same place...around the same time...we'll do it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment