Friday, May 30, 2014

Remember What?

The other day I read something that a friend of mine posted on instagram (because social media is the only thing to do this day and age) and I must admit that, at first read, I loved it.  A picture of a woman jogging with a beautiful landscape in front of her, and this is what it said:

 
REMEMBER HOW
 
YOU'RE CLOTHES DON'T FIT
YOUR BODY FEELS SLUGGISH
YOUR SKIN DOESN'T GLOW
YOU DON'T HAVE ENERGY
YOU WANT TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL
YOU'RE REGRETTING WHAT YOU ATE
YOU'RE WISHING YOU WORKED OUT
YOU WANTED TO CHANGE
 
BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER UNHEALTHY CHOICE
 
My immediate reaction was "Yes! I'm stealing this!" and I imagined sharing it to everyone on my Facebook so that my friends who are also on a get healthy journey could be inspired by these powerful words.  However, when I had a chance to think it out (which happened while I was standing in the shower) I realized that there was no way that I can share this...because the words are powerful...but not in the right way.  Truth is I don't think any of us who are working on bettering ourselves need to be reminded of all the shitty ways making a bad choice can make us feel.  We know it.  We live it.  We deal with it.  While I am trying to lose weight and get my health back I need to be encouraged by the great things that are happening...not made to feel like a loser because I ate french fries (which...I will NEVER regret!!!)  Some days are good...and some days could be better...but all days are blessings....and blessings and curses are choices...and I choose to stay, feel, and believe that I am blessed.  So I choose to re-write this little ditty as an homage to my efforts...and to YOUR efforts too...because every little step we take (admit it...your singing it to...) counts in a big, big way.  And a Hershey's with Almonds now and then cannot erase the fact that day to day you (me, we) are getting better at this...(getting better at what?)...getting better at living!  So today I ask you to...
 
REMEMBER HOW

Your clothes didn't fit...BUT EVENTUALLY YOU GOT BACK INTO THOSE JEANS!
Your body felt sluggish...BUT SLOWLY YOUR GETTING YOUR ENERGY BACK!
Your skin didn't glow...BUT YOU SURE DO SHINE DURING ZUMBA CLASS!
You don't have energy...BECAUSE YOU WALKED 2 MILES TODAY!
You want to feel beautiful...AND YOU DO FEEL BEAUTIFUL, BECAUSE YOU TRULY BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
You're regretting what you ate...BUT RANCH TASTES REALLY GOOD ON CARROTS,AND IT'S OKAY TO HAVE IT EVERY NOW AND THEN!
You're wishing you worked out...AGAIN?  YOU ALREADY WALKED 2 MILES!
You wanted  to change...AND YOU ARE CHANGING. AND IT'S GOOD. AND IT'S YOUR WAY, AT YOUR PACE, IN YOUR TIME. AND THAT IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
 
AND IT'S OKAY IF YOU MAKE AN UNHEALTHY CHOICE. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT.  JUST VOW TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME!
 
 
(Stepping back and taking a good look....)  Yeah...that's better!




No comments:

Post a Comment