Thursday, January 19, 2012

PMSS

PreMenstrual Syndrome Sucks.  I could end it there...because most women reading this will get it right away...but I'll just keep going.  As I get (ahem) older my PMS symptoms get worse.  My mom says hers were really bad too and all I have to say to that is...nnnnooooooooo!!!!  It's a known fact that however your mother's cycles were yours will most likely be the same...I'm sooo lucky.  Today I can also say PLY...Pot Luck Yay!!!  Meaning we had a potluck today at work and as much as I tried to be good, the chocolate dessert was just too strong a force for me to resist.  I knew it was gonna happen because the last time someone brought that dessert I ate 3 servings...oh and by the way...the person who brought that irrisitable dessert is ME!!!! So why do I bring something I know I can't resist???? I'm convinced that it's that darn PMS!!! My day started off bad anyway.  I pretty much blew it at 6:00 this morning when I ate Oreo cookies and vanilla ice cream for breakfast!  I had better options but I didn't care.  I was seduced by the shiny blue packaging.  And I wouldn't have had it with ice cream but we were out of milk and I had to get my dairy serving in there somehow! (Well balanced meals are important.)  My heart palpitations were out of control (Cherry Dr. Pepper be damned) and as my buns are planted ever so snugly on my desk chair my motivated husband is doing Tae Bo PT 24/7...which he has done everyday for 3 straight weeks.  I told him if he loses too much weight I'd have to divorce him cuz I only go for chubby guys!  I don't think he believes me though because he's really working it out right now.  (I'm kidding about the whole divorce thing, I'm actually really proud, and oh hell I admit it, a little jealous!)  I am believeing that tomorrow will be better.  No retreat, no surrender.  Soft hands, concentration not strength.  (Those are quotes from some of my favorite 80's movies by the way...what...like you didn't enjoy "The Mighty Ducks"...okay I didn't really enjoy it either.. but two words kept me watching...those words???...Emilio Estevez!!!)  That little detour of thought aside I want to say I am overall feeling good.  Gonna try to watch Project Runway but I always fall asleep.  I was moved by a verse in my bible today so I want to share it with all of you (all of the zero people following this blog) "Commit your work to the Lord and then your plans will succeed." - Proverbs 16:3...So I think I've been going about this all wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment