Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Almost 1 month to the day since my las post!!!  I'm really letting my blog down!!!  Well my weigh in after 1 month went well.  I met my goal of losing 2 pounds...hooray!!!....but...now I am sad to report that I have gained a pound and a half back since then...boo!!!  So my total weight loss thus far is .5 pounds.  I think that February is a terrible time to try to lose weight.  Too much chocolate floating around!  Of course I just saw an advertisement on t.v. for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Eggs so I can't use Valentine's day as an excuse.  I didn't exercise as much as I would've liked to.  My heart issues (I refuse to use the words "heart" and Problems" together) stopped me from doing too much.  I guess it wasn't really the heart issues but the fear of having heart issues that stopped me.  I am slowly (and I do mean slowly) getting back to physical activity.  As I am typing this I can smell the cupcakes baking in the kitchen.  Tomorrow we are having a potluck at work (AGAIN) and I am making cupcakes...I know it's not a fancy shmansy dish but I had all the ingredients at home already so it was the easiest thing for me.  I'm getting sick of these potlucks (no offense to the food or the people that bring it) because it makes it hard to stick to a good eating plan.  Yeah...I suppose I could just walk away...but you can say that if you don't know how AWESOME the food is that people bring...and don't even get me started on the desserts!!!  I asked my mom to stop making me dinner (again no offense but geez) and so for my last supper she made me (at my request) pork chops, eggs, and fresh homemade tortillas...it was super duper delish.  I savored each bite then felt a sudden disgust with myself when I thought about how many times I have asked my mom to stop making me dinner, and how many times I have had a last good meal before I start my diet...when will this vicious cycle end?!?!?!?!?!?  I believe in me...I know God is faithful...this is it...I just know it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment